Monday, November 30, 2009

so much to be thankful for

Happy Thanksgiving! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day...well really, weekend this year. I love Thanksgiving...how could you not love a holiday that is centered around gratitude and food....and football! We woke up sorta early on Thursday morning and ran the Turkey Trot in Downtown Dallas. Here's me and Justin right before we started the race. Not the most glamorous, but certainly a memory! Here's a shot of the starting line before the race. I will say one thing...I've never seen so many people at one race in my life. There were supposedly over 35,000 people who came out to "trot" on Thursday morning. I believe it, since we never really got out of the crowd of strollers, slow walkers and weenie dogs who were also participating in the race.
After the Turkey Trot, we went over to the Kvasnickas for Thanksgiving. Here's everyone working very hard in the kitchen, and we enjoyed a delicious meal together before the Cowboys game.
We also took a family picture of the whole crew! We are so thankful for both of our families!
We spent Friday with the Risters and went to the Baylor v. Texas Tech game at Jerry World on Saturday. Here's our first glimpse of the stadium from the parking lot.
It should have it's own zip code...
Here's the Rister family picture inside the stadium before the game started.
It was a gorgeous day for football, and they left the roof open. And the screen was HUGE!! No way to describe it...you have to see it in person. One of the highlights of the game was during the fourth quarter...when we were on the jumbo screen! I'm pretty sure the camera guys saw us because the guys sitting in front of us had consumed a lot of alcohol and were a little out of control. It didn't matter to me...I got to be on the big screen!
My Baylor Bears put up a valiant fight in the game and ended up barely losing in the last play of the game. It didn't even matter to me that we lost...I thought it was such an entertaining game. We had a great time with my aunt Rita, uncle Rick and cousin Blake and decided we'd make it another family outing next year at the Cotton Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment