I know that I have not been as reliable of a blogger as I normally am. The main reason is that my job keeps me pretty busy...the consequential reason is that I don't have much else besides work to talk about, and you can't really blog about your patients, it's against the law. I did finish my last night shift of my orientation this weekend and will begin working day shift this week, tomorrow to be exact. I expect to be more busy and to have more interactions with my patients since they'll most likely be awake more during the day, but other then that, I don't know much of what to expect. More to come on that later...
I was off today, and the weather was beautiful, so I took it upon myself to spend most of my day outside, or inside with the windows open. I can't explain the feeling I feel when spring comes. It's by far my favorite time of the year. I caught myself randomly smiling all day long at the sunshine, the tulips outside NorthPark mall, the singing birds and the warmth of the day. I had a wonderful lunch with my sweet friend Heather on the Green Papaya patio, then hung out at Barnes and Noble for about an hour, picking out books and then went to browse around at Calloway's nursery. Since my flower addiction started when we moved into our house last June, I have not been to Calloways in the spring yet, only the summer and fall...and let me tell you...it is gorgeous inside.
There are so many beautiful flowers and plants, and they have lillies out for Easter, it was just gorgeous inside. I went in just to look around, but I ended up buying some new gardening gloves and some caladium bulbs. Last year, we moved into the house too late in the season, so I couldn't plant my own, I had to buy them already grown. I am incredibly excited about planting them after April 15...(that's a rule)
I also bought some beautiful hydrangeas last week for the breakfast table. I can't believe they've lasted so long and are still very beautiful...I find myself smiling at these too...
I'm so excited for spring...the Dogwood trees in our neighborhood (and all over Dallas) have been beautiful as they all started blooming a few weeks ago. 
Justin and I are planning to take a trip to the Dallas Arboretum soon, I can't wait to see it. I hear that it is so beautiful right now. I've become such a lover of flowers and gardening, seemingly overnight. I can't wait to have a yard someday that isn't completely covered by shade trees so I can plant some other fun flowers, but for now, I'll stick to the shade lovers. I also plan to someday plant a garden of herbs and vegetables, but we'll see when that actually happens...
I also bought some beautiful hydrangeas last week for the breakfast table. I can't believe they've lasted so long and are still very beautiful...I find myself smiling at these too...
I'm so excited for spring...the Dogwood trees in our neighborhood (and all over Dallas) have been beautiful as they all started blooming a few weeks ago. 

We want to go to the Arboretum too!!! We actually thought about maybe going this Saturday because their Dallas Blooms has begun and I am in love with flowers!!! I only have a balcony but have bought many pots this season in hopes of planting this year because like you, I was too late last year. I even have little garden decorations on my balcony. My windows were open today and I was just loving it! We should plan a trip together to the Arboretum even though I have a feeling our work schedules are opposite.
ReplyDelete