Thursday, September 2, 2010

Still a peds nurse

Aaaand....Drumroll please....
I have a job!
I actually accepted a position last week at the pediatrician's office here in Ithaca, called Northeast Pediatrics (if you want to google it). It was an incredibly hard decision for me to make because I received another job offer from the hospital in Ithaca for a day position in adult care. I spent days weighing the pros and cons behind working in a doctors office with mostly healthy kids and a hospital with mostly dying adults. I love working in a hospital, I love the schedule of working three days a week, and I love the intensity that more critical situations present. There were a lot of great things about the hospital job.
With the job that I chose, I will have every weekend off (hello, I can't even remember what that feels like). I will be able to expand my knowledge in pediatric illness, assessment and education, and I'll still get to work with munchkins! I'm also excited about working with the staff there, they seemed incredibly welcoming and fun, and kind of reminded me of the nurses I worked with in Dallas. I have a lot to learn, it will be very different knowledge than what I already know, so I'm ready to learn a lot of new things. I'm excited about the opportunity that I've been given and look forward to starting work next Tuesday, the day after Labor Day.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats! You will love it! Primary care is something I've really come to appreciate with clinicals and I really have loved seeing all the healthy kids! (We kinda forget they exist outside of the hospital) Excited for you, minus all the vaccines and crying, ha! You will do great! Hope you're settling in well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! YOu will love it! So excited for you! That's what I would have chosen too :)
    Miss you girl!
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Joanna and Amy! Yall are so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete