Sunday, March 27, 2011

Caribbean Vacation: Part 1

Justin and I just got back from an amazing vacation. We went on a 6 day Caribbean cruise which was a much needed break from snowy New York. I am in love with all of my pictures, so I narrowed down the best ones (and the ones with the best stories). Then I decided that I'd write two blogs so as not to overwhelm any readers. Here we are heading out last week. It was snowing at home, so we couldn't break out our warm-weather clothes until we arrived in Miami.

Oh warm weather! What a blessing! We got on the boat last Sunday, March 20 and immediately began enjoying ourselves. Here I am on the top deck of the boat before we left the port.
Pina Coladas pool side was a much needed change of scenery from the snow and ice.

Here we are after dinner in the Chic Dining room.
For the most part, we spent our evenings after dinner on the top deck watching March Madness games on the big screen TV overlooking the pool. It got a little chilly because of the wind, so they provided blankets for everyone. It was perfect!

Sipping coffee overlooking Key West on Monday morning was perfect.
We didn't purchase an excursion on Key West...we just walked around the island until we found a beach. We stopped into this amazing toy store and played around a little bit first thing after getting off the boat. Justin was a great sport and went along with my obsession of taking pictures. We had to wait in a line to take this picture. Totally worth it. This is probably the most "touristy picture" we took.
Here's the beach we found on Key West. We relaxed here a little while before walking back to the boat.

The water was a little chilly in Key West, but it was incredibly beautiful.

Self-timer shots!

Oh my goodness, there were huge azalea's everywhere. I felt like I was in a botanical garden pretty much the whole day.

Justin and I tried to take a picture in front of our ship at each port that we stopped. Here we are in front of our ship at Key West.

Justin ate more soft-serve this week then I've eaten in my entire life. It was actually quite amazing. I had my share as well...

Keep reading if you haven't already had enough....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment