About 2 months ago, Justin and I visited a church in Austin called Grace Covenant. The very first thing that I spotted in the worship guide was a ministry called Square One. From the website, Square One is "a place where you can bring your baby (newborn to 6 months) and connect with other moms and mentors to find friendship, acceptance, and encouragement." Logan and I decided to try it out and have loved spending the past 6 weeks with this great group of new mommys and their babies!
The format was very relaxed and nobody minded if you arrived late (a plus for me!!). Our group was made up of 7 or 8 new moms and three "grandmothers". I have felt so grateful for these three women, who have taken time out of their summers to hang out with us and share their wisdom. We discussed all kinds of topics about motherhood and it was wonderful to have a social outlet to meet some friends...Logan even made some friends too!The babies in our group were all girls except for Logan and one other boy...so the girls definitely outnumbered the boys! The new dads also got to spend an evening with the "grandfathers" a few weeks ago. None of us have any idea what the guys talked about during their session since they seemed to have made a pact not to share anything with us!
Here's the whole group at our last meeting today. Yay for happy babies!!
If you live in Austin (or Dallas...I know they do it at Watermark too) and are interested in this ministry, I would definitely recommend it. They do it every fall, spring and summer! Check it out here.
.jpeg)


No comments:
Post a Comment