Tuesday, September 11, 2012

7 month update

Oops....it's been a whole month since I last blogged and my last post has Logan in his 6 month onesie. That just proves to me that last month went by quicker than a regular month. Here he is...7 months old. I simply cannot believe how big he is and how much fun he is.  
These photo shoots take a little bit longer now that he's older and seems to enjoy being the center of attention. Bella also likes to get in on the action too.
He's gotten a little chunkier over the past month, which I am so thankful for. I think we may be up to 18 pounds now!! He has slowly taken to the formula...at first he wouldn't take it by itself, so I mixed it with breast milk. I know you're not technically supposed to mix them, but it was the only way he'd take the formula without gagging.  For me this meant pumping for each feed and then giving everything in one bottle...about a 45 minute ordeal. Luckily, that was only a few weeks and now he will nurse and then take the formula.  

He's also starting to enjoy solid foods after about a month of this...
Now our meals look a little bit more like this....
...except, don't freak out, we have a real high chair and are not using the Bumbo anymore. He's enjoying lots of variety...especially bananas and applesauce...or really, any fruit. This has become lots of fun for all of us!

One of my new faves...blowing kisses. Ok, so developmentally, he's not ACTUALLY blowing kisses yet, he's just making the faces, but you can't tell  that from the photo.
Here's some other things going on with Logan that I just want to remember...

  • You're moving up to size 3 diapers today. (Is this a tearful experience for any other moms out there?)
  • You wear size 6-9 month clothes. Two months ago, I thought they looked huge hanging in the closet.
  • You are starting to enjoy solid foods, which makes me enjoy giving them to you. You eat 1-2 solid meals/day, usually breakfast and dinner.
  • You take 4 or 5 bottles each day (approx: 7:30a, 11:00a, 2:30p, 5:30p, and 8:00p)
  • Your bedtime is 8:30-9:00pm each night and you wake up around 7:30 or 8:00 each morning. This has been pretty consistent for awhile now. I'm very thankful.
  • You are very inconsistent with naps, but you almost always take two during the day. A few times, you've only taken one nap, and those days weren't as fun. Your napping inconsistency is probably my fault since every days schedule is different for us and you have just had to learn to go with it.
  • You won't snuggle with me anymore at night before bed. Sometimes you'll snuggle after you nurse in the morning, but it only lasts about 10 minutes and then you're ready to play.
  • I'm pretty sure you know your name. You turn your head we say it.
  • You have lots of friends- we have the Square One playgroup every Tuesday, MOPS every other Friday and the church nursery every Sunday. You always get a good report from whoever is watching you, so it sounds like you're pretty social and fun even when we aren't around.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment