Here are some (lots of) pictures from our fun trip out to Ruidoso, NM for the Fourth of July!
We knew that an 11 hour drive would be tough on Logan, so we decided to try and stop every couple of hours to let him run around in a park or on a playground. It worked pretty well and Logan seemed pretty happy most of the way out and back.
This was at our first playground stop. I haven't seen one of these in years...and Logan was pretty confused about how to play with it.
We spent the fourth of July driving...so the day before we left, I made some watermelon stars for our picnic lunch in Abilene. Just because we were on a road trip didn't mean we couldn't be festive!
As soon as we arrived in Ruidoso, we did the obvious...found a restaurant to eat! We were all really glad to be out of the car!
We had some plumbing problems when we arrived at the cabin and my sweet dad spent a lot of time fixing the leak. At least he had a good helper!
We went on a couple of stroller walks down to the park. Here's my little family in front of the cabin, where I have so many fun memories from my childhood.

Being festive again...
My two boys... :)
Learning to explore creeks...
With Mimi and G-pop at the Inn of the Mountain Gods
We spent one evening at the Flying J Ranch and it was so fun! Logan even got to talk to the sheriff before the duel started. I didn't take a picture because I didn't want the sheriff to think I was corny...
This is my favorite pic from the whole trip since we are all in it!
You can't tell but Logan was seriously protesting this picture. We had just finished our delicious dinner and he was ready for a change of scenery.
hahahaha
Macy trying to find someone to snuggle with on the loveseat...
We found some cool playgrounds on the way home too.
I love spending time in the mountains...and this picture embodies Psalm 19:1 in my mind- "the heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands."












No comments:
Post a Comment