Last night, we bundled up and headed out to the Trail of Lights in Zilker Park. It was FREEZING outside, but because this is the last weekend we could go before heading out of town, we decided to brave the cold. I had heard that there were shuttles from downtown and since that worked pretty well for ACL back in October, we decided to do that.
Let me just advise anyone reading this...two words...zip pass.
We waited to get on the shuttle for over an hour and Logan was pretty unhappy about being confined to a non-moving stroller in the cold for that long. I don't blame him...However, there was this precious family in line in front of us with three kids who were doing everything they could think of to cheer Logan up. I think they sang "Itsy Bitsy Spider" 20 times before the night was over. Their parents were thrilled that they were too busy entertaining Logan to fight with each other. Winning!!
By the time we arrived at Zilker Park, we had to power-walk through the whole thing just to make sure we got back to our car before the meter ran out! It probably sounds worse than it actually was...we kinda laughed about it the whole time. Anytime I wanted to take a picture, Justin would sarcastically say "ok but we have to hurry...we don't have time for too much fun out here."Blurry pictures because we barely stopped to take the picture...
Logan said "brrr" all night long
Zilker tree...yay!
This picture is me spinning Logan underneath the tree and him simultaneously signing "more". We didn't have time to take the Zilker tree spinning video, but if you need to see it, I'm sure you could search for a hashtag somewhere to see it for yourself! Very cool!
It was overall a pretty fun night and the cold weather added to the festive holiday feel. And I loved that I was able to pull out my serious winter clothes that I hadn't worn since living in New York!

No comments:
Post a Comment