Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Happy Birthday Reese!

Here is an abbreviated birth story with not-so-abbreviated photo gallery...

I went into labor on Friday afternoon (August 29) and stayed home as long as I could. We finally decided it was time to head to the hospital around 7pm and a friend came over to stay with Logan until my brother and parents could arrive. Lucky for us, Ryan was already planning a trip down for Labor Day weekend, and my parents were pretty much ready to come whenever the time came. 
 After I got my epidural, the whole crew showed up in my L&D room...around 10:30pm, I think. Logan was not happy to be there at first and did not like that I couldn't get out of bed.
 There it is...our last picture as a family of THREE.
 Smiling because the epidural was amazing at this point! So glad my brother was in town to be a part!
 Reese came in the middle of the night, at 2:10 am. Here's my dad showing Logan a picture of his new baby sister the next morning.
 She is so perfect...and has so much gorgeous dark hair! We were shocked!

Proud dad photo...he did it with Logan too...smh
When Logan first arrived to meet Reese, we took her to the nursery so that we could all go and get her together. We let Logan give a present to her (a stuffed sheep...because that's his favorite thing) and then push her back to the room. He seemed to do very well with the whole thing!


Logan got a few toys from Reese and one of them was this power drill. It was a great distraction for him and kept him busy during a lot of the "sitting around, staring at the baby" time.




Oh. My. Word.

Love these two so much...

This was the actual moment when he got to see her and hold her for the first time once we got back from the nursery. I had built up this moment in my head during the past few months and it was everything I'd hoped it would be.


"Is this baby Reese?"

These two became great buddies...Logan is still talking about uncle "Rynan"
Might be my favorite of all time photo...
Reese wore one of my outfits to go home. She looked so precious and tiny!

And then there were four...


Sweet time with Mimi

He is so proud
...and silly too...



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment