Monday, July 13, 2009
Fireworks and Furniture
Since our last blog, we celebrated our nation's birthday, along with the rest of the country. It was a wonderful day and we got to spend the holiday with each of our families. I didn't take any pictures at our cookout at the Kvasnicka's house, but below are some pictures of the Risters at the Ranger's game. Ranger's games on the 4th of July are a long-time Rister family tradition. I can remember spending many 4th of July's at Ameriquest field, or The Ballpark in Arlington, or whatever it was before that. We always sat on the first base side right where all the foul balls come flying at you. I remember always being kind of scared that I was going to get hit in the face really hard by one of those foul balls. I think my dad thought that if we could dodge (or catch) the foul balls in the danger zone at the Rangers games, then we would be ok to play varsity softball/baseball at Waco High. He was right!
For this 4th of July, we were in for 4 special treats. First of all, our section was selected to win free Dr. Peppers' if the kid playing the "steal 3rd base" promotion won...and she did! It was awesome, I actually ended up with three of the coupons for free Dr. Peppers and have already used one on a Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper at Kroger. Second, we were sitting 1 aisle over from a couple that got engaged at the game! It may not have been the most romantic proposal, but the Ranger's mascot horse came down with a big sign that said "Will you marry this guy?"!!! My heart skipped a beat and I was slightly nervous that Justin thought it would be funny to fake-propose to me at a Rangers game...however, it was a real proposal and the girl was thrilled. I got a little emotional and tried to take a bunch of pictures of them with my mom's camera, so I don't have any to post here. But it was very exciting. I was slightly confused though because after it happened they just sat there and finished watching the game as if nothing had happened. She didn't call any friends or anything. All I'm saying is that if it had been me, we would NOT have finished watching some dumb baseball game on the engagement night!
Third special treat, the Ranger's won! And they won by a lot...I think the final score was like 12-3 that night!
And finally, our 4th special treat was that the Texas Rangers were hosting the biggest fireworks show in the history of Texas Rangers baseball that very night! The entire crowd ooh'ed and aaah'ed after the announcement was made. And I think it was actually true! They were wonderful!

Some other big news that I didn't think was maybe big enough for it's own blog entry was that we've gotten some new furniture and window panels. Here is our living room set up at this point. I don't ever want to say it's the final room because it always seems to be changing, plus we have nothing on the walls yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WE LOVE WEIR'S TOO! 90% of our furniture is from there...we're big pusher's of the Weir's and glad you guys are on board! Double date to the furniture store soon??
ReplyDelete