It's officially official...as of last Monday (MLK day) I am now an employee here...
It feels great to finally be working after taking two years off to go to nursing school. I will tell anyone that being out of work is an incredibly humbling experience, even when you chose to do it. I can remember making the decision to go to nursing school like it was yesterday...however, that was actually over 3 years ago now. While some days (and nights) of nursing school felt like they were dragging by, and I could not wait to get to the next step, looking back I feel as if the past two years flew by very quickly. I am almost an RN...
It feels great to finally be working after taking two years off to go to nursing school. I will tell anyone that being out of work is an incredibly humbling experience, even when you chose to do it. I can remember making the decision to go to nursing school like it was yesterday...however, that was actually over 3 years ago now. While some days (and nights) of nursing school felt like they were dragging by, and I could not wait to get to the next step, looking back I feel as if the past two years flew by very quickly. I am almost an RN...Growing up, my mom always took a picture of us on our first day of school. While I remember being annoyed with it back then, I am glad she did it. And I plan to do the same thing to my children. I continued the tradition during nursing school...and Justin took a picture of me on my first day of work. This was me last Monday, right before I left the house for the first day!
Because I have not yet taken the NCLEX licensure exam, I am not yet a registered nurse....I am a graduate nurse. My exam is this Thursday (Jan. 28), so I would certainly appreciate any prayers, as this is a very big milestone! Hopefully by this Saturday, I will be signing my name with RN behind it!
You will totally be signing your name by Saturday!!!! Prayers are sent for tomorrow but you will do fantastic no matter what. I sent an email today and it was so fun but weird. Love how you take pictures of first days like we do in our family. I took one of Andrew on his first day of work and I am sure come Monday morning he will take one on mine. Glad you are liking your job!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new job! And so sweet of your hubby to get you flowers! There so pretty!
ReplyDelete