Friday, August 6, 2010

Packing up life in boxes

I decided to split up my next couple of blogs that cover the events of the past couple of days for a few reasons, one...nobody likes to read a really long blog, two...I like posting pictures and I have a LOT of pictures.

Packing up our home in Dallas actually took a lot longer than I expected, and I expected it to take awhile. Bella did not know what to think during the packing...I honestly think she knew something was going on. She seemed very nervous, and followed me around to each room, staying very close. I think she thought we were going to leave her.

Yes Bella, you're coming with us! I don't know if this picture conveys what it actually was. But basically, we removed everything out of the guest bedroom, and then filled it with everything that was ready to be packed into the truck. The room was full to my eye-level, which was quite surprising to show how much stuff we have.
Justin's dad and brother came over to help pack up the truck. These guys don't mess around when it comes to getting a job done. And I can say now that we've arrived that the truck was packed to perfection, we had no casualties. No broken plates, serving pitchers or picture frames. I'll also say that the temperature was about 20 degrees higher in Dallas loading the truck than it was in Ithaca when unloading the truck. Well done Kvas guys!!
Katie and I thought we'd contribute to the day by picking up cherry limeades for everyone. They were, of course, a hit. Ithaca has no Sonic, so even just thinking about it makes me crave their ice...moving on.
The guys weren't all work and no play. They had a great time together, as usual.
People say you can tell who your real friends are when you move. These are the guys that showed up on Saturday for packing up the truck. Thanks William, John Paul, Jason and Mr. K (not pictured b/c he's still working inside the truck)!!
So long Graywood Drive! It was such a crazy feeling to think that everything we owned fit inside a truck!
It's always a strange feeling to me to see your home completely empty. It was even stranger to lock our keys inside the house and know that we couldn't go in again. I'm kind of sentimental when it comes to things ending...
The next blog will feature our road trip...which has plenty of funny stories! Stay tuned...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment