I have found a lot of peace in this scripture and I hope to find even more. What I mean by that specifically is that I literally repeat this verse (sometimes outloud) to myself on a daily basis. We all have things that we're anxious about. Yet we're commanded not to be anxious. Not only are we commanded against it, but we are told how to combat it and given the promise of peace when we do. I also love that this peace is described as peace that is beyond our human understanding. It's easy to have peace when circumstances are going well. But that kind of peace is not hard to comprehend or understand. I wonder what we would look like as a people if we all wrote this scripture deeply on our hearts and took its command seriously.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Phillipians 4:6-7
my favorite verse since I was young! Love it.
ReplyDelete