Thursday, June 7, 2012

Four Months

Holy Moly…four months! WARNING: Cliché comment about kids growing up too fast is imminent. Where is this time going? The last four months of my pregnancy felt way longer than these first four months of Logan’s life. They really do grow up so fast! (clichés are true for a reason, you know).

I know that my blog has become little more than an ode to Logan, but I can’t help it. He is just so much of what my daily life consists of, like for example, how could I not blog about how he holds my face with both of his hands when I rub our noses together!?

I thought since Logan is four months that everything would be in groups of fours. Here we go:
Logan loves…
1. Snuggling on the couch at exactly 9pm each night. This may be is totally my fault, since I decided that I wanted to snuggle each night before his last feeding.
2. Watching and playing with Bella. His little eyes follow her around the room no matter what she does. He also gets so frustrated during tummy time if she's across the room because he can’t scoot over to her.
3. Dancing, flying, and standing up. This boy likes to be up and moving. He is already not a fan of sitting still, lying down or missing out on something. Of course, being upright means that there’s a constant stream of drool falling from his mouth onto any unsuspecting person below…
4. Putting anything in his mouth. Pacifiers, toys, my hand, my hair, my bicep, my watch, his fist, just to name a few.
Mommy loves…
1. The smell behind his little ears. Oh my goodness, so sweet and yum!
2. Short naps. Logan is not a big fan of the nap. He will lie down for 45 minutes at a time at the most. He wakes up refreshed and happy, and I’ve been able to get a few things done around the house or drive somewhere that we need to be.
3. Singing together in the morning in front of the mirror. We don’t have many rituals, but this is one. Each morning when he wakes up, I sing a song that I so cleverly made up. By the end, he’s bouncing and laughing at his reflection in the mirror.
4. Happy Baby. Do you know the yoga pose “happy baby”? Logan is a pro now that he’s found his feet. If you're still unsure of what the pose is, of course I have a picture...
Logan hates…
1. Staying home all day long. He’s a very social baby. He loves flirting with strangers, playing with the girls in the church nursery and people watching
2. Taking a bottle at home. This is very traumatic to him for some reason, however, if we’re out in public, it’s no problem. At home, he just stares at me while Justin gives the bottle like I’m keeping something from him.
3. His stuffy nose. I think that Logan unfortunately inherited my allergies. Let’s just say we’ve gotten lots of good use of our humidifier since we moved back to Texas.
4. Being hungry or tired. These are the main reasons he cries. He must have gotten this from me too, because when I feel hungry or tired, I usually feel like crying too.
We survived these firsts…
1. First airplane ride…which was his first (and hopefully last) cross-country move
2. First day in the church nursery
3. First rush hour traffic on Mopac (also, first time to be in a hot car)
4. First overnight trips away from home (at both grandparents houses)

 And here's a picture of Bella since we still love her very much too!
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE every single thing about this post!!! Especially the pics of sweet Logan! What a doll!!! SO SO HAPPY! So glad we got to see yall while you were in Dallas - and can't wait to watch our boys grow up together - maybe BU roomies one day?? What will Justin think? haha! Love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete