Justin also knows that I love fresh flowers, so he had some delivered to our house...see aren't they gorge! There is kind of a funny story behind them though...The flower company had a FEW slight mix-ups and the flowers never arrived on our anniversary.
On the night of our anniversary, Justin was very sad that the flowers didn't arrive, so he called to find out what had happened. They told us that the flowers should have arrived, so they would just have another bouquet delivered the next day. I realized later that I would not be in town for the day so I would miss the delivery, so Justin called back again to see if they could be delivered the following Monday instead. After it was all said and done, we ended up with THREE bouquets of flowers! Two delivered together on the Friday I was out of town and one more the following Monday! I joked with Justin that if they delivered any more, I wouldn't have any more vases to put them in! It ended up being kinda symbolic since I received three bouquets on our three year anniversary! I can't wait for our 20th anniversary! :)
We spent our first anniversary in the Texas Hill country. We drove to San Antonio for the day and then stayed at the Hill Country Hyatt. It was such a special weekend to both of us.
And then, the year before that was our wonderful wedding on May 30, 2009. It's amazing how time flies by and that this was three years ago.
We have been through a lot already in these first three years. Ups and downs and in-betweens...moving across the country, two degrees, new jobs, a new baby, raising a puppy, and counting them all as blessings. Marriage has already proven to be a sanctifying adventure that defies any friendship or previous relationship. It shows you the best and worst of yourself and the person you love most. And most of all, it models what our relationship with Christ is - his unconditional love for us and his willingness to love and forgive. May our marriage become more like Christ and the church. May we be more willing to submit to his charge for our lives. And may we become refined and sanctified in the process.
Justin- Thank you for your love and for these past three years. I can't imagine my life with anyone else but you. I love you.



No comments:
Post a Comment