Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Team Livestrong Challenge

This past weekend Justin rode in the Team Livestrong Challenge in Austin. The ride benefits the Livestrong foundation and supposedly raised over $1.7 million dollars. I have no idea if that's really true, but that's what the website said. The ride had 3 options - 18 miles, 65 miles and 100 miles. Guess which one I would have done? 

Justin and his friend Kyle did the 100 miles...obviously. Here's the view of the course from the iPhone app. Notice how the course went down through the Hill Country. Yowch!!

Stephanie, Logan and I went to the finish line to watch the guys finish. We made it just in time and I got some great shots of them finishing. (I actually took still shots from a video...otherwise I never would have been able to get these great shots!)
 I love this shot of the guys!! Way to go...we were so proud!!
 Crossing the finish line...(sorry about that guys head in the way...I promise I wasn't trying to take his picture)
These guys have such a great friendship that has stood the test of time and distance. We are so grateful for the Simmons!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment