Wednesday, January 9, 2013

We Actually Stayed Up Until Midnight!

Every year, I feel like I'm totally let down when Christmas is over. I have never been big on New Year's as a holiday, but this year, we had the most wonderful time celebrating New Year's with our friends in east Texas.  We had been looking forward to this weekend for months. So this year, I was actually not that sad after Christmas. We got home from visiting family, washed a bunch of laundry, regrouped, and headed back out of town to celebrate a fun weekend with friends!
Oh how we love these friends! We all used to live in a 15 minute radius of each other, and now we are all spread out across two states. But let me tell you, distance doesn't change a thing when it comes to these sweet friendships. However, one thing that has changed...
That's right...babies were EVERYWHERE!!  Literally, we had to find rooms to stash them in for their naps because there were so many of them. I think at one point there were six babies in the house all at one time. But they were also EVERYWHERE because they are all crawling and rolling and cruising on furniture. So we didn't have much time to sit around...
We decided that one of the best things that we could possibly do is put them all in a bathtub together and take a hundred pictures.
Y'all....it was so cute. Becton and Logan had a blast...however, Libby and McKenna seemed pretty upset about the whole idea of bathing with two loud, splashing boys.
Squeaky clean babies all ready for bed. My heart is melting...
Here's Logan helping McKenna with her tummy time.
These two spent almost every waking moment together. This picture is of their wrestling match in the kitchen one morning after breakfast. I love so much that they are only 6 weeks apart and are already friends...(like they had a choice.)
Best boy game ever...
So my little light sleeper was the only baby to wake up from the fireworks that the guys shot off in the front yard. Poor little thing was so scared when I went in to save him that it kinda broke my heart, so he got to get up and hang out for a little bit right around midnight. Happy New Year Logan!
My favorite pic from the whole weekend...these two were clinging to my knees while I was trying to eat some chips and queso...Seriously they were begging for some. Looks like they already know good food when they see it.
We tried to take a group picture at one point during the weekend, but I didn't get it on my camera, so if I ever get it (ahem, Lindsday)...I'll post it here. 

We seriously had such a fun time hanging out at the Spencer's new house over the long weekend and cannot even put into words how grateful we are for this group of friends that has stood the test of time and distance. The Spencers were amazing hosts and somehow managed to graciously host all of us, feed us and accommodate at least 6 different nap schedules. Thanks so much y'all for an unforgettable weekend! Love that we'll get to watch these babies grow up together!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I need copies of these pictures!!! LOVED having ya'll there for NYE!!!

    ReplyDelete