Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Logan's First Birthday party

Alright, I have FINALLY gotten all of the pictures from Logan's first birthday party onto my computer (and the external hard drive for safe keeping). So that means I can finally write a blog about the party. Well, it's not going to be much writing because, hold onto your hats people, there are over 30 pictures in this blog. If I had to write 30 captions, I'd use up Logan's entire nap, and I unfortunately just don't have that luxury today. 

So you'll have to make up your own captions for most of these pictures, but don't worry...they're not really that difficult to figure out and I'll give you a few to keep you on track.  For example, here is his precious invitation. I ordered the PDF on Etsy.com and the girl simply emailed it to me and I printed it out on cardstock with my home printer. And I'm pretty sure she emailed it to me less than 30 minutes after I placed my order.  I will never do invitations any other way after experiencing this level of convenience, speed of service and being able to pick out exactly what I wanted.
So you can tell from the invite that the theme of the party was "Milk and Cookies". I've never thought of myself as a party-theme-type person, but I guess you change when you have children, because I got really into it. Here was my kitchen a few days for the party.
...and the day before. I believe I made over 120 cookies when it was all said and done.
I also made a few banners...I sewed this one and have moved it into his room since the party.
Pictures from all 12 months...
The main table...
The chocolate milk was a hit!!
Logan's birthday outfit with his Toms
I had everyone drink their milk from these bottles.
I made Homemade Oreos, Black and White cookies, Chocolate chip cookies, and Funfetti cookies. The Oreos and Chocolate Chips were gone by the end...so they must have been the favorites.
I made Logan's cake too...it was supposed to look like a stack of cookies.
Cake time...
The chalkboard may have been my favorite party of the decorations. Can you believe Justin made it with plywood and a few pieces of crown molding?
 Party favors provided by Mimi...thanks mom!
Special friends Kinley and Emerson
Most of the girls from my Tuesday playgroup with their little ones
Cassie and Tim entertaining Porter with Logan's turtle puppet
Goofing around with G-pop
The Risters all made the trip down to be a part of Logan's party!
Logan with his uncles!  They traveled the furthest...Ryan from Fort Worth and Jason from Dallas
Logan and Porter = BFF
After the party, Bella wanted to know if there were any leftovers...sorry girl
We were so thankful to have so many friends come to Logan's birthday party. The house was so full of people that it had to move outside towards the end. We were so humbled to have so many people all in one place celebrating with us and thankful for God's provision in this area of life.
I hope that wasn't too long of a blog and you made it to the end!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment