Monday, February 4, 2013

An 11 month old toddler

Logan, 
It is just a few days before your ONE YEAR birthday! And I never posted a picture in your 11 month onesie, so I figured that I better post it now before it becomes blog-obsolete on Thursday. I thought I'd also post some pics of you from this past month before the birthday posts begin.
This has been such a fun month. You started walking! You took your first steps on January 13 while we were over at Tim and Cassie's house. They were thrilled to witness such a precious moment in your life too! Since you have started walking, we've had to move all kinds of things out of your reach...into higher cabinets, off of coffee tables, and onto higher shelves. You get into everything and (most of the time) it makes us laugh because it is hilarious to see what things attract your attention. Most popular things- ballpoint pens, strainers, spatulas, plastic cups, cords from electronics, remote controls, and Bella's water bowl. 
Another thing that you do now that you are a walking man is give out hugs. You will walk over to almost anyone and fall into their arms and then sigh (I guess you got this sound from me?) 
Bella doesn't know what to think of your walking...sometimes she loves it and sometimes, not so much. But she loves you soooo much...notice that tongue action. 
Your uncle Ryan drove all the way from Fort Worth one Saturday afternoon to surprise you!
Since you are not likely to stay in one place for more than a minute or two, we made your foam floor into a cube. You weren't so much into the fort idea as the "pull out a letter and chew on it" game.
Dad hung your swing in the backyard, which officially makes our house look like a family home. You love the swing...and with 70 degree temps in January, we are already getting a lot of use out of it.
Your favorite word continues to be "Bella". You wake up and yell out for her, and you sadly say her name over and over again if you fall down or hurt yourself. She is like your little Nana...when you fall, she comes over, licks your head and lets you pull back up on her. I sometimes feel like I could leave you home with her as your babysitter (don't worry...I never would!)
About 2 weeks ago, you dropped your second nap. It took me a few days to figure out why your morning nap was so short and you refused your afternoon one. Oh, it's because you only need one now. We have a lot of fun getting out in the mornings to get things done! So you are mostly sleeping from 8:00 pm-7:30 am at night and your nap is usually 12:30 pm-3:00 pm. I think it's my most favorite schedule so far because you are so happy and rested during your awake times!
I don't think you are necessarily a picky eater, but you you still prefer pureed foods over finger foods and you do much better with food when it's coming from a spoon. But you love crackers, bread, cheese and yogurt probably more than any other foods. 
You are obsessed with the dishwasher. If it's open, you are trying to climb in or trying to take something out of it. You definitely keep us on our toes.
This little friendship between you and your puppy brings so much joy to my heart. We keep all of your toys in front of this window so you can play and look out into the front yard. Favorite toys: any kind of ball, your Barnyard Dance book, your activity table and your push walker. 
Bathtime is a blast for you...and a workout for us. We have finally started bathing you every night instead of every other night. Boys who move around and get into as many things as you do definitely need a bath every night. You love bathtime, so it hasn't been a problem for you. Plus we get to kiss you all over when you are all clean!
Ok...if you are in a bad mood, you should totally watch this. I FINALLY got a good video of Logan laughing. He is cracking up because he is feeding me his eggs.

This year has been such a grand adventure with you, Logan. I can't believe it's only been a year, especially when I think of how much you have grown up and changed since the day you were born. I cannot imagine a world without your sweet laugh and precious little spirit. I'm not sure if I ever posted your life verse, so here it is...something we have committed to pray over you for your entire life...

"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you.We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light."
Colossians 1:9-12
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment