Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Two Halloween Costumes

This year, Logan had two Halloween costumes. My husband would say that is crazy...but I say, it's just smart.  The reason was because I wanted to make one of his costumes, but I wanted to make sure that I didn't botch it and have to dress him last minute in a bedsheet because all the good costumes were taken. 
So I present costume number 1- a fireman...which was totally cute and 100% store bought and my safety net.
Logan wore this costume to our neighborhood Halloween party the weekend before Halloween. I didn't even have the other costume completed yet, so it was a good thing we had it. 
He was such a brave fireman that he went down the BIG slide at the playground all by himself. 
This is one of the only shots I got with his helmet on...
Hanging out with his rescue dog.

The day before Halloween, I finally sat down and made myself finish this costume that I had dreamed of him wearing...a shark! I wanted him to be a shark all year long but I didn't want to pay $60 for the precious one that Pottery Barn makes. So I checked out some pins on Pinterest and decided to try mixing some of the ideas. I ended up buying a gray hoodie from Target for like $5 and sewed on white and gray felt for the eyes, teeth, belly and back fin. 
Costume number 2 was worn on Halloween night for trick-or-treating. Here's Justin taking Logan up to one of our neighbors houses.
"Wait a minute...Someone's giving out candy? Who's giving out candy?....EVERYONE WE KNOW IS GIVING OUT CANDY!?!"
Some of our neighbors go all out for Halloween and since it was our first Halloween living in our house, we had a lot of fun meeting them. They all loved Logan, but I felt totally awkward taking candy from people while knowing that he'd never be allowed to eat 98% of it. 
Checking out his loot...he has no idea what any of it is. 
At the beginning of the night, this is how he responded when we told him that sharks are scary...
This is how he responded to the same statement at the end of the night...
I was really pleased with how his little costume turned out. 
Halloween was actually pretty fun this year with a toddler. I've never been too big of a fan of the holiday myself, but it was fun to see Logan interact with the neighbors and get excited about candy. It was also really fun to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters who came to our house...except for the 15 year old ones.

Happy Halloween!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment