Thursday, January 9, 2014

Christmas in Waco all week long...

We enjoyed a great time this Christmas with the Risters in Waco. It was so great to all be under one roof for more than just a couple of hours at a time.

In true Rister fashion, we did not do much sitting around...ok, maybe we did a little. We spent Christmas Eve at Highland's Christmas Eve service. Here we are all dressed up and festive-like.
The church made it perfectly clear that they were glad for little ones to be in the service with everyone and gave out coloring books and stickers. While Logan is not so much a fan of coloring for more than 1 minute, he did enjoy covering himself with the nativity stickers. He especially liked the carpenter tools like the knives and hammers, etc.
I don't think Justin or I heard more than one word of the service, but it was nice to worship and sing Christmas hymns as a family. When we got home, we taught Logan to say "Ho Ho Ho" and he spent the rest of the night carrying his stocking around repeating it. We also, of course, watched White Christmas.
Christmas morning is so much more fun with kids...and by that, I mean all three of the kids in this picture playing with the Legos...We LOVE uncle Ryan!
Checking out everything in his stocking...mostly Elmo stuff since we're a little bit obsessed with him right now.
While MiMi was cooking a giant, delicious Christmas feast, we went up to my elementary school playground (which is much cooler now than it was when I went to school there) to play. Ryan came too!
We had a wonderful Christmas at home and were so grateful to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus together with family. 

The day after Christmas, we met the Koeritz family for a hibachi grill dinner, which has become a tradition over the years. We just have a lot more chairs now...we used to all cram into one table when it was just 9 of us. Now we need a whole room!
The whole crew made it this year which was SO fun!
The next day (Friday, I think) we drove back up to DFW to meet up with my dad's side of family. We had a great day playing with cousins, talking about the newest upcoming wedding (Yay Romi and Martin!) and drinking coffee. Not everyone made it, but I'd say this is a pretty good group for this day and age...my sweet Grannie is in the middle!
The kids had lots of fun playing! And Logan loves himself a trampoline....
My aunt Karen read Logan his story before naptime...but then, when I took him upstairs, Mallory followed and read him another. I kinda cried a little...
Here's one last picture of Logan and his cousin Anderson playing with Belle while Ross watches in amusement. Cousins are the best...Logan doesn't have any first cousins yet, but we LOVE all of our second cousins!
What trip to MiMi and G-Pop's would be complete without my dad making his famous weekend pancakes? Logan obviously helped...
Merry 2013!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment