Notice all of the weeds and dead plants in the so-called flowerbed. Weeds are my arch-enemy. I have cried twice during weed pulling and have 7 blisters on my hands. This is how the front yard looked when we moved in. You can't see this but the ground is packed down like cement.
Justin is raking up leaves, sticks, beer bottle caps, pieces of sheet metal, rotten pecans, broken bricks...you know, normal things you find in a yard.
The aforementioned 13 trash bags of leaves...
This is the before shot of the backyard. Don't be fooled by the green grass in the front of the picture, about 2 inches below, there's a brick porch laid. In the far back, there is also more than what meets the eye...(see next picture)
Here is Justin pulling up one of the 147 50-foot long weeds in the backyard. All 147 of them ran about 2 inches under the dirt...causing nothing else to grow.
Justin and I bought calladiums and sod at Lowe's on Saturday!
Here are my beautiful caladiums. I love them. The guy at Lowe's told me that you can't water them enough, so I attacked them (in all senses of the word) with my water hose sprayer. I also took the opportunity to power-wash our house with the water hose, which I figured was a double-win because we have a clean wall, and the water fell down into the flowerbed.
I just found your blog! I have added you to my list of favorites. Hope married life is going well. Happy Summer!
ReplyDeletejoanna