Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer Fun

I thought I'd put together a list of "summer favorites" that have made our summer wonderful. As I had a lot of fun putting the list together, I've decided that this will be a 4 part series. Towards the end of each season, I plan to put together a list of "seasonal" favorites. So stay tuned for a list of fall favorites towards the end of fall! We'd love to hear if you think we forgot any "must-have" summer favorites...so let us know!

Here are the Kvasnicka summer favorites, in no particular order...

1. Sonic Drinks:
It is ridiculous how much money I have spent at Sonic over the past 3 months. I probably get a drink 5 days of the 7 days in a week. Favorite Sonic drinks include Cranberry limeades, Diet coke with lime, Diet coke with cherry and vanilla, and Powerade slushes. We are also big fans of the Sonic commercials and quote them an inappropriate number of times each day.

2. So You Think You Can Dance:Now Justin may disagree with this, but I could not create a "best of summer" list without including this great show. It steals a good 3 hours of my life every week of summer, but I have done it for 4 summers in a row now. I can't imagine a summer without Cat Deely's tacky dresses and Nigel Lythgoe's British accent...oh and Mary Murphy's obnoxious screams!

3. Blogging:
Obviously this has been a summer love of mine. The truth is that I love writing and many of our "readers" have told us that they enjoy it. Plus I've become much more loyal to reading other blogs too!

4. Grilling out:

Justin's office gave us a grill for a wedding present! It's been a wonderful gift and we've enjoyed it a few times this summer. Justin puts on his "kiss the cook" apron and starts grilling. So far we've enjoyed steaks, chicken, burgers, ribs and corn.

5. Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream:
Do I need to explain this, really? I don't think so...what I will say is that Justin has a bowl almost every night covered in chocolate syrup...and I usually do too.
6. Michael Jackson:

Old School MJ, the Jackson 5, the anesthesia he shouldn't have been taking, Neverland, the billion dollar memorial service, Debbie Rowe, the fate of his children...you can't get away from him! There's T-shirts in the Kroger, "Thriller" is playing on every radio station, including the Spanish stations, his face is plastered on every magazine cover in the check-out line. Whether you love him or hate him, this summer has been all about MJ.

7. Trying new recipes:What a fun thing for a bored, new wife to do! I've very much enjoyed trying new recipes and cooking for two (instead of one)...and from what I can tell, Justin has enjoyed eating them. I had a recipe card shower and I have this new application on my iPhone that gives you recipes slot-machine style, so I have plenty of new recipes to attempt!

8. Flowers: Whether they're planted in our front yard, sitting in a vase on the breakfast table or in a bouquet at a wedding, I have really loved flowers this summer. They're bright and happy, they smell good, and they add a lot of beauty. I've learned a lot about gardening and types of flowers for the first time in my life during this summer. Justin and I both enjoy working in the yard, which was kind of a surprise to me!

9. Crystal Light in Water Bottles: I've had these before, but never jumped on the bandwagon. Maybe it's the heat, maybe it's because I'm trying to drink more water, but these are now used daily in our home.

10. I Heart Yogurt:This is another one that Justin may not agree with, but I think it's an ultimate summer place. They let you put whatever you want in your cup (multiple yogurt flavors, fruit toppings, candy toppings, etc.) and then they charge you based on the weight (so don't get the fruit, it's heavier). Justin's not a fan because the cups are really huge and he thinks they trick you into getting too much.

11. Fresh Fruit:Now if you want the honest truth, I eat fruit all year long. But there's something about fruit in the summer that makes my mouth water. We have a full stock of fruit at any time and substitute it for dessert (that is...if we are out of Blue Bell).

12. Wearing white:

I've worn more white this summer than maybe the rest of my life combined. My original thought involved my linen white pants from J. Crew, multiple white tops that match everything, and a white skirt from Anthropologie, all of which that I got for our honeymoon at the beginning of the summer. I love all of them and have gotten my money's worth already. Justin likes them too, but then I thought...oh right, I got to wear the ultimate white outfit this summer! And I loved that one the most!

Other favorites that I don't have pictures for include summer thunderstorms, country music, attending weddings and Thursday nights with our home group!

1 comment:

  1. love love love this post! hope you are enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete