Thursday, September 24, 2009

TGIT

TGIT! Thank goodness it's Thursday! I love Thursdays...probably my favorite day of the week during this time in my life. For the past 6 weeks, and the next 2 or 3, I have Thursday off...from everything! I don't have class, I don't have clinicals, and I don't ever have anything due on Fridays. This doesn't mean that I don't have to study on Thursdays, but I really don't have anything pressing for this one day each week. I either have school or work every other day of the week...including weekends, which as a nurse, I will have to get used to. In addition to things that I don't do on Thursdays, I get do do a lot of things that I love.

Here's how my Thursdays have played out for the past few weeks.

1. I sleep in until around 8:30...bum around the house and go to my 9:15 yoga class at the gym. I love going to yoga in the mornings, it wakes me up, relaxes me and works me out all at the same time. Plus the instructor always says cheesy things like "open yourselves up to the possibilities of today" instead of just saying "open your arms wide".

2. Immediately after yoga, I stop at the Sonic on my way home. I get a large ice water with lime each week, and the car hop is always the same girl, Teneka. She calls me "Thursday girl"...I'm serious, she really does. I love it! I told her today that in a few weeks I have to start clinicals on Thursdays and for her not to forget me. She promised she wouldn't.

3. The hours between 10am and 1pm are really up to me each week. I spend these hours doing things that I really like to do, and sometimes, that includes chores at the house. Today, I went to Ulta and got a new Chi straightener because my pink one finally died. I picked up some fall decorations, which are pictured below, and got Jason's Deli take-out for lunch. I ate it while watching America's Next Top Model from last night...the petite season!! I'm also doing laundry, which makes me feel very productive. These few hours each week are reallythe only time I give myself to not worry about studying, they are incredibly vital to my sanity.

4. I usually study between 1 and 7...obviously, I'm not doing that right now. But I will be in a minute. I don't mind studying on Thursdays, because again, nothing is really urgent. Another thing that makes me feel productive...studying when it's not last minute cramming.

5. At 7:00 we have our home group. We love our home group...this is one thing that Justin and I do together, with many people who we consider our best friends. It's a multi-generational home group that we've been a part of for a little over a year now. We feel so blessed to do this every Thursday night and it is one of our most serious commitments that we have...up there with school and work.

So TGIT!! I love this day...it is refreshing and productive and restful, all at the same time.

Here are my new fall decorations!!! For the four years between my college graduation day and my wedding day, I waited until I had a home to decorate, since apartments are kind of hard to do. Happy fall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment