Last night I decided to work out at the gym since I haven't been sleeping through the nights. I thought if I physically wore myself out, I would sleep all night long in order to recover. (side note- this did not work, I was up at 3 am...grrr). As I was sitting on the bike, I found myself in a very thoughtful state, which is rare when I'm at the gym. Usually while exercising, I'm thinking one of three things- 1. How much longer do I have to do this? 2. Nothing or 3. I'm watching the people around me. Last night, I felt like my "deep thoughts" continued to flow from my brain as I stopped by the grocery store and came home, I thought they might make an interesting blog.
Here they are, in no particular order...my (random) deep thoughts.
1. What are we thinking when we see someone we recognize and we ignore them/pretend we don't see them? I mean seriously, we have all done this at some point or another...except maybe my mom. She doesn't have it in her to ignore someone she knows...But seriously, are we embarressed to see someone out of their element...do we have a dislike for the people we pretend we don't see...are we just sick of the small talk? I'm asking...I really don't know.
2. If you thought that Obama was going to change your life back when he was seeking election and you're disappointed now, my advice to you is that Jesus really can change your life and he will not disappoint you. It's not Obama's fault, it's just that there is not one man (politician or not) who will bring about the change that you're looking for. Don't fall for it again in 3 years.
3. Shouldn't sugar and flour be on the same aisle at the grocery store?
4. Why do you feel stupid when you're doing lunges? Why do you look stupid when you're doing lunges? It's just like any other exercise...I do my lunges in the back hallway that leads to the racquetball courts behind a wall where literally nobody can see me. I'm embarressed if somebody walks by.
5. With all of the advances they've made in automobiles, don't you think they could figure out how to keep your car door from shocking you when you get out? It just seems to me that if your car can recognize you're about to crash and stop automatically and answer your cell phone for you, they could have figured out the technology behind the shocking. I realize my car is a little older and doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, so maybe this has been fixed since 2001...
6. I wonder if anyone actually buys the fake, silk roses at the grocery store...I also wonder if they'll sell after Valentines Day just because they're 30% off. Does anyone use these...really?
There you are people, a quick look into my brain...hope it was as enjoyable for you as it is to me everyday! :)
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Leslie!!! Didn't know you had a blog! I'm excited to add you to our list to read up! Hope your nursing job is going great and that you are loving it! Are you still working night shift? I did for 1 1/2 years at Cook and yes it was very hard on my sleep pattern and body, but I really did get used to it eventually. I had to take Benadryl a lot of times so that I could wind down after a shift and sleep during the day. Dark curtains helped, and I also bought a air purifier that made noise in the bedroom so I wouldn't be woken up. My other suggestion is pairing 3 in a row. That way you only have to "switch back" to days once a week. That was my saving grace. The off days, I really just slept when I could, which was scattered all over the place. Hang in there! :)
ReplyDelete