1. Christmas

Duh!! I love Christmas time more than any other time of year. I love spending time with family, I love cooking, and I love traditions...most importantly, I love Jesus. Christmas is such perfect holiday for me. I know it's February, but I was wearing a pair of my beloved Christmas socks last night when Justin said...you know Christmas was over 2 months ago. My response was, "No Justin, Christmas is coming in 10 months!"
2. Turtlenecks
I used to hate turtlenecks as a kid. I felt like I was wearing a straight jacket...probably was a little obsessive-compulsive about it. I've recently grown out of it, and have started buying turtlenecks in bulk. I love them...and this year has been the perfect year to fall in love with turtlenecks because the weather has actually gotten cold (for us). I think they are classy AND they keep me warm!! Do you ever see those girls that wear the short little skirts and tiny backless dresses to go out during the winter...they make me cold to look at them. Makes me want to offer them a turtleneck.
3. Snow in Texas

So I mentioned above that it's been colder this year. We've also gotten a lot more snow than ever before...see snow blog. This is a picture of a snowman that Justin and I built after I'd already written the snow blog...yes, this snowman was taller than Justin! I think snow in Texas is wonderful, when it happens. It requires that nobody go to work or school (except nurses...and Justin), and it causes adults to play like children...see my friend Taylor's blog about how they spent their snow day sledding on a cookie sheet! I also loved that there was a snowman in front of almost every house in our neighborhood. Snow in the north does not get these same results...understandably.
4. Coffee, hot tea, spiced cider, or any other hot drink in your tummy
5. Snuggling
So my husband is extra snuggly during the winter. In the summer, he usually won't even sit on the same couch as me b/c he says the couches make him hot...I also love seeing other people out and being snuggly. The best is seeing little older couples walking arm in arm or sitting close together at a movie or in church! :)6. Cutesy scarves, hats and gloves
If I'm not wearing a turtleneck, you can count on me wearing a scarf. I also have a pair of gloves that stays in my purse everywhere I go. I know it was 60 degrees yesterday, but it's supposed to snow again tomorrow...so I'm keeping them in my purse until April probably. I ate breakfast with one of my favorite friends Amy and her 10 month old daughter Emery Kate this morning. EK had on the cutest snow hat I've ever seen...(Amy, send me a picture if you want your sweet girl pictured!)
7. No bugs
Do I need to explain why this is a great thing about winter? I hope that it's been so cold this winter that all the bugs are dead for good...the birds could learn to eat plants or something else. I know this is kind of a ridiulous picture of a bug, but all the other google images that popped up were disgusting and gave me the creeps.8. House shoes and fuzzy slippers
Justin and I both are pretty loyal slippers wearer's now. Our house is pretty drafty and the floors are cold pretty much any time of the day. You can't really wear fuzzy slippers in the summer...you're feet start sweating and then it just doesn't feel the same.
9. New Christmas music


Christmas music just overall makes me happy...unless it's one of the cheesy songs played over and over again on the radio ("simply having a wonderful Christmas time"...anyone?) But did you hear Josh Groban's Christmas CD? Or Andrea Bocelli? Or Carrie Underwood? Obviously the classics are still great...Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra and Mariah Carey (All I want for Christmas is You!!!) but some of the newer stuff has been really great in my opinion.
10. Fireplaces

So we don't have a fireplace, but my parents do, and my in-laws do. I don't know what it is about fireplaces, but I love them. They remind me of Christmas, make me want to snuggle under a blanket and drink hot chocolate and they smell good. Whenever Justin and I purchase our first home, I asked him if we could for sure find a home with a fireplace (and double ovens and hard wood floors and a separate laundry room) Wishful thinking! :)
Happy Winter everyone! Stay warm!

No comments:
Post a Comment