Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Dog Park

One of our new favorite things to do with Bella, now that she has all of her shots and has been spayed, is to take her to the Ithaca Dog Park. In my non-professional opinion, Ithaca has one of the best dog parks I've ever seen. I don't have too many to compare it to, but I still think it's pretty incredible. It's over an acre of land for running, chasing tennis balls, digging and swimming. We've never been when less than 20 or so dogs were running around, so Bella has made quite a few friends here. One of Bella's favorite things to do is plop down in the kiddie pool...

She also likes to find one of the bigger dogs and chase him around. She almost always ends up in the submissive position on her back, while the other dog stands over her. Bella also makes sure that she meets every person and dog that come into the dog park....kind of like an unofficial welcoming committee.

I thought I'd post a couple of videos of Bella enjoying the dog park because, well why not? Plus, these videos show more than I could ever try to explain in words. She loves it here. I have to put her on her leash and basically drag her out every time we have to leave.

Of course, after we come home from the park, Bella typically spends the rest of the evening passed out asleep on her back snoring. It's an incredibly glorious lifestyle.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love the scenery surrounding Bella's dog park! Just beautiful!!! Soon there will be snow! Yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete