Sunday, October 31, 2010

Taughannock Falls in the fall

On Saturday, the three of us put on some warm clothes and headed to one of the state parks right outside of Ithaca, the same state park that I hiked with my parents back in August. It's a short, one-mile hike that dead ends at a really tall, beautiful waterfall. I thought we might get some really beautiful fall pictures in the gorges, but most of the leaves are already on the ground and it's starting to look a little more like winter than fall outside.


Bella obviously has no interest in smiling for a camera when there's water nearby. We actually let her splash around a little in the water, despite the fact that I was shivering the whole time and was afraid of her getting hypothermia. Part of the trail was completely blocked off from fallen debris from a landslide and we had to walk around it and through some mud puddles...Bella thought it was awesome and tried to get as muddy as possible. I think she did it on purpose so that we'd let her get in the water.

The waterfall was much fuller than the last time I was there, which I would have guessed because it rains a lot here. I have no idea what setting my camera was on, or how I got this picture to turn out, but I love it. I keep looking at it and thinking of how beautiful this creation is and how God simply spoke it into being.

After this picture, my camera died because I didn't charge it after the Texas trip. It was a fun day though. Oh, and I'm sure Justin wants me to call attention to his new snow boots that he wore on our hike...with his shorts...in the cold. I'm just sayin'. He's very proud of them, and I'm sure he is planning on wearing them on all those snowy nights coming up when Bella needs to go out to the bathroom!

We plan to check out the waterfall again in the winter...when I'm sure nobody will be wearing shorts...and I may be wearing 15 layers. We want to see the waterfall again when it's frozen ice. I'm sure it will be incredible!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment