Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving daydream

In an attempt to stretch out Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday, as long as possible, I'm going to revert back to the month of November in my mind and pretend like there's not a foot of snow outside my house, but instead a bunch of brightly colored leaves softly floating to the ground. During this daydream, I'm going to rev up my thankfulness and make public my list of things that I'm most grateful for. At the end of this blog, I'm afraid I will have to face the truth that winter is upon us here in this great state of New York.

So in no particular order...here is my list of things I'm thankful for...
1. I'm thankful for the sacrifice that God made for me through the death of Jesus Christ in order to justify me to Himself.
2. I'm thankful that friendships don't have to end just because you move away
3. I'm thankful that I'm a nurse
4. I'm thankful that it's easy for me to remember people's names after meeting them only once
5. I'm thankful for my puppy dog Bella
6. I'm thankful that my parents have been faithful to their marriage vows
7. I'm thankful for heaters in the winter
8. I'm thankful for my husband
9. I'm thankful for my DVR
10. I'm thankful for hot showers
11. I'm thankful that I can buy things online and they're delivered to my doorstep
12. I'm thankful that facebook allows me to keep up with (ie. stalk) anyone I've ever known
13. I'm thankful for Dunkin' Donuts Coffee
14. I'm thankful that I live in the United States and for the freedoms given by our country
15. I'm thankful that the Village Church in Dallas podcasts their sermons
16. I'm thankful that I've never disliked someone I worked for
17. I'm thankful that I learned how to type on a typewriter instead of a cell phone
18. I'm thankful for Google
19. I'm thankful for Francine Rivers books
20. I'm thankful for my job

I know there are a million more things that I am thankful for, but I don't want to bore anyone. Sometimes it's a really good thing to take the time to sit down and think about how much we have. Even if your list isn't all encompassing, or even if you miss some of the big things, it still makes you realize how much you have. We are so blessed.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment