Friday, August 12, 2011

Siesta Scripture - August 1 through August 15

I'm posting this a little early because in less than 12 hours, Justin and I are heading to Texas!! There are so many things I love about Texas...and I don't intend to spend my precious time there writing on my blog...

I found some great pics on piknic.com that remind me of Texas...charming, right?















Little Baby K has made me crave peaches. And I am NOT talking about the peaches that grow in New York...those are kind of a joke. (sorry New York) I need some real peaches...the ones that you have to wash your hands after eating because half the juice ran out when you bit into it. Plus, isn't that bowl just lovely!

Rocking chairs on porches...mmm...love it! I know that's not just a Texas thing...but it's something I love doing with my family at home. I'm getting the impression, however, that due to the recent weather in Texas that we may have to drag the rocking chairs inside with the air conditioning and just look out the windows.

So back to the real point of this blog...I am not sure if I've ever read this scripture, but I think it should be written in every Christian's heart and mind. Sometimes sharing the gospel can become something it's really not. On one end of the spectrum, you can become over-eager, about-to-explode, and hyper-vigilant, OR on the other side, you can be filled with mind-blanking fear. Paul breaks it down simply...What if we all approached it this way? What if we all truly were motivated by love and had pure intentions all the time? What if we all had clear consciences and believed sincerely that the gospel is what every person we meet actually needs to hear above all other things? I am certain that many of my "small talk" conversations would look very different.

"The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith."

1 Timothy 1:5, ESV


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment