Thursday, August 25, 2011

Texas Week

The Stars at Night are Big and Bright!!

That's right...we just got back from deep in the heart of Texas! We spent the last 8 days in Texas with so many people that we love so much! Our trip began in Dallas for a few days, followed by some time in Waco with the Risters and concluded in Austin. It was pretty exhausting, but we had SO much fun.

We got to see tons of friends! We seriously have some of the best friends that anyone could ever imagine. I tried to remember to take pictures everywhere I went, with everyone we saw...but there were so many, it was almost impossible to take that many pictures.

Amanda and Emily both live in Austin, but our friendships began in Waco, where we all grew up. I've known both of these girls for a very long time and love the phase of life we're all in. Can you guess how many babies are in this first picture? If you said one, you're wrong...there's actually 3!
Photobucket
We ate some great food too! The town we live in has a lot of local restaurants, which is all fine and good...but none of those restaurants serve any decent Tex-Mex or BBQ. Justin and I loaded up on both during Texas Week.

We spent a lot of time with family too. This first picture is my mom, me and my aunt Rita (my mom's sis!). Can you tell we're related?
Photobucket
Justin and his brother Jason were gearing up for their golf game. I can't remember who shot the best, but there was plenty of trash talk going around.

If you haven't heard, Texas is in the middle of a serious drought. I wish we could trade weather with Texas for like a week. Maybe that would be enough rain to fill up this creek that was completely dried up outside of Austin.














The main purpose for our trip to Austin was that one of Justin's college roommates was getting married. We had a great time at the wedding! And remember that BBQ I mentioned earlier? Their rehearsal dinner was at Salt Lick...I don't think there's anything better. And...did I mention that we absolutely fell in love with the city of Austin?
Photobucket
I was in absolute heaven because they gave hill country peaches as wedding favors. Did I mention that the only pregnancy craving I've had so far is fresh peaches? I may or may not have taken more than my share of peaches in my little burlap sack.

It's incredible how no matter how long it's been since a visit, Texas always feels like home. Friendships pick up where they left off and old places still feel familiar. I also found it incredible that neither Justin or I were bothered by the extreme heat...in fact, we enjoyed it. I think it just shows that you can handle anything in moderation. We very much hope that God will call us back to Texas when Justin is finished with school...Did I mention that graduation is less than 9 months away?


Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. I LOVED getting to spend a little time with you guys! (and I LOVE that you loved Austin!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an amazing visit for us too!!
    Love you guys,
    mom
    ps How's my grandson?

    ReplyDelete