Friday, January 13, 2012

Baby Shower at the Doctors Office

This week at work, my co-workers threw us a baby shower! It was such a sweet time and a lot of the staff that I work with got to be there. Justin came too since he is still off school for the winter break. None of the male doctors that I work with were there, so Justin was the only guy! Here is the group shot of everyone after we opened all of the gifts.

Tina is one of the other nurses that I work with at the office. She made this incredible diaper wreath. It has all kinds of things attached - from baby shampoo to onesies and stuffed animals and even a bone for "Big Sis" Bella!

Here is a close-up of the diaper wreath. I thought it was so precious and so creative. So far, I still haven't been able to take it apart so that we can actually use everything on it because it is so cute!

It will be such a fun time to bring the baby in for his first newborn exam because I already know everyone in the office and how everything works. I told Justin to be ready for that appointment to last 2 or 3 hours since everyone will want to meet our little guy.

I have really enjoyed working with everyone in this office - from the receptionists to the nurses and the physicians. Looking back I clearly remember the anxiety that I felt over getting a new job when we moved here. I can see that God's hand was totally at work. He divinely placed me here and his purpose was so great, despite my fears and anxieties. And not to mention, I've learned so much about kids and parenting from this job too. I am sure all of the advice that I've given to first time moms will come in very handy when it applies to our child...then again, it's always nice to hear another person say that your child is okay.

We feel so blessed by this shower, but even more by these (mostly) women who I have been so lucky to know and work with while living in New York.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment