Friday, February 17, 2012

Logan Michael

We are so excited and blessed by the birth of our son, Logan Michael. He is now 10 days old and has captured our hearts in more ways than I could have ever imagined. God is showing us a new depth of love, which amazes me...but doesn't really surprise me, because our God is bigger than any of us could ever imagine, right?
I was induced on Monday morning February 6, however, Logan decided to wait an extra day and was born on Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM. He weighed 8 pounds and 14 ounces- I was not surprised at all that he was a big boy...I could tell when he was inside me that he was big and strong!
Here he is getting his first check up...by one of the pediatricians who I've worked with the past year. It was wonderful to know so many of the health care providers who checked in on Logan during our hospital stay! We definitely got 5 star treatment.
These are some of my favorite pictures from the hospital during his first 2 days of life.





We had an amazing hospital stay. I fell in love with the nurses and the care they provided, and I have honestly wished for that time back a few times. I have such a positive memory of our post-partum experience and am incredibly grateful for that.

The hospital here gives you a "special meal" where you can order things like steaks, seafood and rack of lamb...and they provide the meal for your spouse too! We set up our bedside tables in the middle of the room with some of the flowers that were brought by friends for a "hospital date night". Logan slept through the entire date! After dinner, we watched the Baylor basketball game on tv.

We had lots of visitors in the hospital- friends from Cornell, friends from my office, and almost every pediatrician that I work for came by. Logan's most special visitors, my parents, were able to be at the hospital before and after Logan was born. Here's my dad giving some grandfather advice.


Bringing Logan home was exciting and emotional for both of us.

We are daily praying for guidance and wisdom and are so thankful for the support and love that we have from our friends and family. Thank you for praying for us, thank you for calling and sending gifts and cards and meals. We are so thankful for you and so humbled by your love.


Our family of three!

Photobucket

1 comment: